History of the Big DADDY Festival
The Big DADDY Festival was created in 2010 as an early project of the Halton Hills Cultural Roundtable (HHCR). HHCR is a non-for-profit, incorporated, volunteer organization created in 2009 to bring together a broad representation of cultural partners in Halton Hills to support the growth of arts, culture and heritage in our community.
As part of its vision, HHCR undertakes projects that bring together diverse participants in the cultural community to highlight local artistic and cultural talent and heritage attractions in order to bring visitors to Halton Hills. (Check out our website at www.hhculturejourney.com.) The Big DADDY Festival is one such project.
Who Are We?
The 2013 Big DADDY Festival planning team is made up of the following valued partners:
- In Acton - Acton BIA, Acton Town Hall Centre, Party Cinemas, local businesses and volunteers
- In Georgetown - Downtown Georgetown BIA, Halton Hills Public Library, Halton Hills Cultural Centre, local businesses and volunteers
- In Norval - Willow Park Ecology Centre, , local businesses and volunteers
- In Glen Williams - Williams Mill Visual Arts Centre, Beaumont Mill Antiques & Collectibles, Glen Oven Café, and other local businesses and volunteers
- Marketing and materials support is provided by ADWebdesign
- Logistical, financial and equipment support is provided by the Town of Halton Hills
- In 2013 financial sponsorship is also provided by local businesses and service clubs.
- Project coordination, volunteer recruitment, sponsor and partner liaison is provided by local volunteers and supported by the umbrella group the Halton Hills Cultural Roundtable, the event’s originating partner.